AirSea is looking for Drivers who can deliver, receive and transport furniture, artwork and other merchandise to residential and commercial locations; airports, seaports or rail ports. Our drivers are the face of our company and understand that customer service is our top priority!
If you are a team player, committed, understand what customer service is all about and is looking for an opportunity to join a growing team we strongly recommend that you apply!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for safely operating trucks/oversized vehicles with a capacity of 3 tons or more
- Handles and delivers cargo, materials, furniture or artwork in accordance with Health & Safety procedures.
- Uses proper handling procedures to protect and secure cargo items for transport.
- Operates equipment on vehicle to load, unload, or disperse cargo or materials
- Assists in the manual loading and unloading of vehicles
- Maintains radio or telephone contact with base supervisor to receive instructions or be dispatched to new locations
- Responsible for the maintenance, inspection, and servicing of the vehicle
- Records and maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations
- Responsible maintaining knowledge of and complying with City, State, and Federal traffic regulations
- Maintains/logs record of materials and products transported
- Obtains customer signature or collects payment for goods delivered and delivery charges if needed
- Other duties assigned by management
- Ability to read, write and comprehend the English language
- Must have a clean and valid driver’s license
- 1-2 years of professional driving experience; Similar industry preferred
- Understand how to properly load and unload merchandise from trucks
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organization skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Ability to bend, stoop, climb and pull
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labor on a regular basis
Air-Sea provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty status as a covered veteran, military status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state and local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). Air-Sea complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.