Position Overview & Responsibilities:
AirSea packing is looking for a highly committed and enthusiastic Warehouse Operative to join the team!
Our Warehouse Operatives will receive, handle, and move materials/products within the warehouse while contributing to the overall customer service experience. Warehouse operatives verify the description, quantity, and condition of inventory. They will provide assistance with inventory control, maintain completed paperwork, follow systemic procedures, operate warehouse equipment in a safe manner and demonstrate an understanding of health & safety requirements.
Warehouse Operatives will perform functions in the following areas:
- Packing- Handle and prepare items for storage or transport using appropriate packing material and technique. Commonly packed items:
a. Fine furniture
c. Historical/ Archeological Artifacts
e. Other high-end items
- Case Making- Use the measurement knowledge to create wood cases for packing in different diameters.
- Space Management-Ensure the warehouse is clean, neat, and organized; maintain an inventory of storage items classified by sectors according to customers.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to remain organized and follow instructions.
- Experience in packing, handling, creating cases, organizing, fine furniture is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to stand for long periods of times.
- High School Diploma required
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Ability to bend, stoop, climb and pull
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labor on a regular basis
Air-Sea provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty status as a covered veteran, military status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state and local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). Air-Sea complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.